Translate

Sunday 14 June 2015

'Very Strange Things' - Rewrites and New Avenues (14/6/15)

Hello all you wonderful people out there. I apologize for the lack of updates in some time, but like many things, it's been a slow burn with regards to the project (plus I've just graduated University and my brother is due to have a child soon, so that has been something of an time occupier). However, I am really, really happy to report some good news with regards to future plans for V.S.T.

First, the readthrough is more or less on track, now that Keith has been able to conduct individual readthrough with the demo cast, so fingers crossed, we should have a complete cast read set up within the next month. He's been working tirelessly on this, and I cannot be prouder to have him as a collaborator.

Second, having sat down for a heart to heart, I can now begin to look into exploring alternate options as to sending out V.S.T to potential companies, as well as conducting any additional rewrites on the pilot. Initially I didn't want to as I felt that if I did try and pursue other potential options and offers, it would diminish and even insult the contribution of Keith and his actors. However, his attitude could not be further from the truth, and he wholeheartedly encouraged me to keep my eyes peeled, having the audio version more ass a backup in the event that other plans feel apart.

And third, my good buddy and budding animator Luke Ceranic (killb94 on Deviantart, as you recall), who contributed the concept art you've seen on this blog, finally has some free time from his other commitments and has expressed interest in whipping up some more artwork, so I greatly look forward to what he has in store for me.

So, looks like fortune may be smiling on me at last! Stay tuned to this blog, because excitement is just around the corner...

No comments:

Post a Comment